Okay, the whole “green” movement is trendy, with most companies claiming to be “green”,
even though all they really do is recycle a few items (hey, better than nothing.)
We here at indieAK films try our hardest to practice what we preach and are not
willing to sacrifice our ethics in order to make some extra cash.
With that said, we try but we are no where near perfect (that would mean living off
the land without electricity, fossil fuels, store bought goods, etc...), we like
movies and the Internet too much for that! Don’t worry, we aren’t righteous, you
won’t get any slack from us, just try your best!
Some things we do help lighten our load on the earth:
• Use solar or wind generated power when possible (like to host this website).
• Purchase carbon off sets for long plane flights.
• We hire all support from within the local community where we are filming.
• Walk, bike or use public transit whenever possible.
• Use modern, tapeless HD digital cameras. Sure film looks cool, but the analog still
and motion picture industry is the second largest consumer of silver. The process
of developing film is terribly toxic and can pollute ground water.
• We use rechargeable batteries for everything: lights, cameras,
• Use modern LED motion picture lights.
• Offer low cost services to environmental organizations.
• Create and produce thought provoking and inspiring films.